ASM International에서 주최하는 Metallographic Techniques Course가 Allied에서 개최됩니다.
참석을 원하시면 ASM International에 등록하시면 됩니다.
Metallographic Techniques - December 5-9, 2011
Location: Allied High Tech Products, Rancho Dominquez, CA, USA
The students of this class prepare a variety of, hard, soft, ferrous and non ferrous alloys under the guidance of the instructor. Manual preparation is required in order to understand the principle behind the process. Semi-automatic preparation is discussed and demonstrated on state of the art equipment. After a lecture on the best use of the metallograph the structures of the materials are documented and entered in a laboratory notebook that is graded and returned to the students for future reference. Grain size determination, measurements and micro hardness testing complete the class.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Engineers and QA personnel interested in hands on sample preparation
None, but some knowledge of metallography is advantageous
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Select proper consumables and techniques for sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing
• Choose the correct etchant to reveal the structure and features for the alloy at hand
• Document structures using optical microscopes equipped with image capture cameras and software
• Distinguish artifacts from real structures
• Apply quantitative metallographic techniques
1. Complete sample preparation: sectioning, mounting (cast and compression), grinding & polishing
2. Differences in techniques between manual and semiautomatic sample preparation
3. Use of chemical and electrolytic etching procedures
4. Use of the metallurgical microscope
5. Documentation of microstructures
6. Quantitative metallography – grain size and length measurements
7. Micro hardness testing demonstration
To register directly, please use the link below. Allied is not registering the students for this course.
We look forward to having you here at Allied!
Allied High Tech Products, Inc.
2376 E. Pacifica Place
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
(800) 675-1118 (US & Canada)
(310) 635-2466 (Worldwide)